Ready to discover Richmond’s oldest neighborhood?
Dive into Church Hill, Richmond’s oldest neighborhood! Get a taste of the barbecue, baked goods, and everything else that makes Church Hill a food powerhouse, while uncovering Richmond’s origin story in this must-visit neighborhood.
Joining River City Food Tours means exploring Church Hill in a unique way. You will sample delicious food and snacks from up to 5 unique establishments, you’ll learn about the birthplace of Richmond and it’s heroes, and hear how our partner merchants got their start. But most of all, we’ll make sure you have fun doing it.
- Visiting a James Beard-nominated wood-fired bakery
- Stop at a 1930s theater-turned-restaurant for classic Virginia comfort food
- Sample a variety of ethnic delights – perhaps Turkish, Italian, Ethiopian, and/or Kiwi
- Learn about St. Johns’s Church and its role in the American Revolution
- Discover the stories that make Richmond’s oldest neighborhood so fascinating
Be sure to bring water and comfortable shoes – we’ll be standing at most of our stops, and we’ll be in and out too quickly for water and other beverages to be served.